K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

How to Begin

I never imagined I'd create a blog. But times change, and this seems to be the easiest way for me to share photos and talk about my projects with my friends. I'm still uncertain how well it will work, but I can only try and find out. There's going to be a definite learning curve here!

Today I'm "tinking" a fair isle vest, almost before I've begun. I got two yarns out of color sequence very early in my ribbing. Fortunately it's only 3 rounds - unfortunately, there are 300+ stitches in each one. But my good friend Nancy assures me that Mercury is in alignment and things will go better now. So off I go with my tinking, soon to become knitting again.

I'm also just about finished with the body of my first gansey, which I designed after taking a workshop with Beth Brown-Reinsel in January. This has been a fun experience, and a learning process that's given me the confidence to proceed with other self-designed projects and ideas. Of course, the ideas are always way ahead of the execution. Once the front of the gansey is finished, I must design the sleeves.

This is what it looks like now.


1 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Hi Sandra, Congrats on the new blog. I really like your gansey and
would love to take a workshop with Beth Brown-Reinsel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home