K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Spinning for Socks!




Finally, I'm really doing it. Spinning my own sock yarn. This is Louet Northern Lights in the Picasso colorway. Which I thought was going to be absurdly bright. Not so much - see what spinning does to it? This yarn is going to be a 3-ply, so I have to figure out what to ply this with. Right now I'm leaning toward 2 of the Picasso, and a 3rd composed of 3 colors (bright blue, gold and olive green) in long color runs. Or maybe a marled singles of those 3 colors. So many choices!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Blogger hem said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished product.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Wow, soinning really does change how it looks. Good to know. Now if I could just free up some time to play with my wheel. I am so overcommitted it isn't funny AND I volunteered myself to help a friend design a pattern for her cancer-walk fundraiser......

What was I thinking??

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Sheepfreak51 said...

What about the third ply a woolly nylon for wear. I have some in royal blue or dark green. It's the non-stretchy kind. Let me know and I'll have Peggy bring it to the next meeting (it's at her house). Janis

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

WOW!!! It is amazing what you have been up to. I am overwhelmed by your spinning. I see that you have really taken off with it. Congratulations on all your efforts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home