K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Fiber Central

Hello, Fiber Central here.


Oh, and just what I needed - another fiber hobby! Though Holly assures me it's a great stash buster. I can sort of see that possibility. This little warp took 1.5 balls of the yarn. Granted it's small yardage yarn. But using up 3-4 balls of stash isn't too shabby. I'll be very interested to see how much yarn this really uses. I have to say it's been fun, and now I have a whole new learning curve.


I give you my Ashford Knitter's Loom, first project in process.





Now, how about some yummy, clean fiber?



Here's some alpaca; lovely fawn, so soft, and pretty chaffy. The jury is out on this until I try combing in addition to carding, and spinning some of it.















And here we have some sumptuous, lock washed Coopworth staples from Cedaredge Farm in South Carolina. I want this stuff for socks. If I'm lucky this is the first stage of next year's "Sock It To Me" party.















And finally, something wonderful from our local shepherd, Martha. This is a small portion of Pretty Face's fleece. She has a fine wool and a fairly long staple. I washed the fleece in my washer, but was able to pull many distinct staples for flicking and then carding. It's spinning up very nicely, too!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Weaving too? You're gonna need a whole nother house to store all your crafting stuff!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Weaving too? You're gonna need a whole nother house to store all your crafting stuff!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger hem said...

Your weaving looks BEA-U-TI-FUL! I can't wait to see the finished product!!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Liz said...

Wow, you've been busy! And weaving, too? I REALLY don't have room for something like that. I'm so enjoying spinning, though.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Frank said...

With the approaching of the Christmas, we decide to set a discount price to the following products. Hope there will be something you like.
nike running shoes
Power Balance
power balance
power balance
golf equipment
TaylorMade golf clubs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home