K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A Quickie!

As in knit:


This hat harkens back to my freshman year in college. My dorm mom, Mama Mac, taught a bunch of us to knit using broom handles (literally - sanded smooth and shaped to have tips). A few stitches with giant yarn doubled, knit garter stitch back and forth until it fits around your head, cast off, sew cast off edge to cast on edge, gather one open end, sew on tassle or pom-pom - viola instant hat !). I had some fancy, super chunky multiple yarn lovely colors stuff and couldn't think what to do with it. I did the scarf and hat pretty much in an evening. Not my favorite type of knitting (size 15 mm - US 19 for the hat; 20 mm for the scarf), but it was a fun diversion from the green Shetland, which I was glad to get back to.

And also as in blog entry. I'll catch back up with the Idaho vacation and other stuff next week. Right now I've got to get ready to spend one of the last long weekends at the Ocoee. After Labor Day, the releases will be weekends only. We're going to take advantage of the non-crowded Thursdays and Fridays while they last!
Oh, and here's the latest on the green Shetland vest.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Sandra. The hat and scarf are cute. I think I used to make hats like that for the kids when they were little. It was all about speed then. Get them done quickly.

The vest is gorgeous. Is it a pullover or are you going to steek the front? Steeking scares the bejeepers out of me. I still haven't brought myself to try it, despite reading all of EZ's assurances. Maybe someday...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home