K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Monday, June 04, 2007

An Opportunity

For knitting backwards.

There are only a few stitches on each side, and I'm using 2 balls of yarn. Turning was becoming annoying, so I decided to suck it up and just practice. It's slower than purling, but I'm getting better and at least I don't have to keep turning and shifting the yarn.





To forge a friendship. Terry (left) and Summer were both sound asleep when I went for the camera. Terry respects Summer and gives her room (most of the time), but I guess since Summer was asleep, Terry figured it was safe to approach closely and sleep, too. I woke them as I approached, and when Summer turned to find Terry within touching distance, she hissed and jumped down. An opportunity lost! Still, Summer has become a bit more approachable and less of a recluse since Terry came to live.


It's been a low energy, sad day for me. Mosby didn't make it thorough the weekend. I had left with instructions to the vet that if he worsened and seemed to be in pain or suffering, that they should not make him lay and suffer until I returned. He and his assistant were with him, letting him know he was cared for, when they put him down. Thank you all for thinking of us; I'm sure it was the right decision and he's no longer in pain with no hope of recovery.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I'm so sorry about Mosby. It sucks when we can't save them.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Cute cats! :-)

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry about little Mosby. Poor baby. Amazing how quickly we can get attached to these little animals, isn't it? They just grab our hearts.

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sandra, I too am sorry to hear the news of your dear Mosby.

I love the color of the latest sweater you are making. It's good to read your nice blog! Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home