K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

FO and Update

Another ribwarmer:








This time from EZ's pattern and Meg's variations in Spun Out ##42 from Schoolhouse Press. All my previous ones have been knit from Sidna Farley's variation that appeared in Knitter's #48, Fall 1997. This is another garment that I have finally "wrapped my head around" thanks to Meg's mini-camp in May. I no longer must blindly follow a pattern for ribwarmers. More on the way, and I'll try different variations as I go.





More of my mini-camp classmates showing their wonderful knitting:






It's summer, we're trying to prepare ourselves for a week paddling the Middle Fork of the Salmon in late June, so we're gone a lot these days. It's fun to meet friends and paddle, though it's been so dry lately that our best choice is the Ocoee River, in SE Tennessee. We were there for a 4-day weekend last week, and will be back for three days, leaving tomorrow.

Last week, about two days before we left for the holiday, a young, gray and white male kitty showed up on our porch. My first inclination was to chase him away as we do with the toms who occasionally hang around and harass my girls. But this little fellow was friendly and affectionate, and seemed disinclined to make trouble. He seemed to just want attention. And food. I finally fed him, especially after I noticed how thin and puny he looked. After we returned home, it took him a while, but he came back. I again gave him food and water, then easily ushered him into the carrier for a trip to the vet (note that "easy" is the operative word - no way to easily get ANY of my girls into the carrier).

My intention was to have his health assessed, get his immunizations, and neuter the little guy. Check-in at the vet requests a name, so he's Mosby. He's gray and white and disappears a bit in the shadows, so I named him after Confederate Colonel John S. Mosby, aka "The Gray Ghost". As it turns out, little Mosby might be pretty sick. The vet reported he's quite dehydrated and has an elevated BUN. So Mosby is in hospital and I'm awaiting further developments. Poor little guy. I really don't want another cat and my four girls don't want another one either (though Baby Kitty acts like she might accept him as a friend sooner or later). So Mosby will live outside, at least for the immediate future. Assuming he gets well. Positive thoughts for him, please?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I hope Mosby does well!

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new ribwarmer - and sending healing thoughts to lucky little Mosby - lucky 'cos he chose the right doorstep!

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, poor little Mosby. I hope he recovers. And the ribwarmer is lovely. The color is so pretty. You like the earthy colors.

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger hem said...

Love, love, love the ribwarmer!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Kari said...

I am so sorry to hear that Mosby did not survive.
If he had survived, you should have adopted him too...the more cats the better! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home