K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Too Many Bugs!


That's what David says about the vest and skirt I just finished for Gillian. But he picked the fabric! And once you add a plain, solid t-shirt, it might be toned down a little. Also, she can wear them as separates. Actually, I think they might be a little big for her right now, anyway. We'll see the kids on our way to Arizona at the end of next week, so a try-on will tell me whether to continue with this size, or go smaller. Here's the fabric I chose to make the skirt, vest, and a jumper:


And here's the jumper for Annabelle. It's green, which means you know David didn't choose that fabric; I did. I hope Annabelle looks good in green. It needs a t-shirt, too.

And there's my spindle with my efforts so far. Now that I'm through sewing for a while, I think I'll practice spinning for a while before beginning to address packing for the upcoming trip (and for this weekend's paddling trek to the Ocoee for that matter).


And finally, to end the week grandly, David's star quilt is finished:

2 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I think both outfits are cute.

 
At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buggy or not - I think a little girl will be delighted with it - I know I would have been.

Just found out I can leave comments about your blog. Always enjoy reading what you've been up to.

YSQB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home