K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Now What?

The kitty quilt top is finished. It's for Annabelle's first birthday at the end of this month. Now it needs to be quilted! Should I do it myself? Or should I take it to Maggie? It would be short notice for Maggie and I don't like to do that. I have a sewing machine that will handle the job. I have a nice cabinet with an extension that will help me. So why not do it myself? I'VE NEVER MACHINE QUILTED A QUILT!! I keep thinking it's time I start, since that's the big reason I bought the new Bernina last year. The other problem is that in order to use the nice cabinet, I have to move all the "stuff" that's in the way of my rolling it away from the wall. Hmmmm.... I'll be thinking about this one today.

In the meantime I'll be working on this. I have loved the fit of a T-shirt that Karol brought me from her travels last year. I saw this yarn, Plymouth Linen Isle, at The Yarn Patch. I've been wanting to try the "linen stitch." Boom - it all came together! I've designed (I hope) a top that should fit like that shirt, using the yarn and stitch pattern. And since I don't know for certain that I bought enough yarn, I need to get at least half way through the top quickly, so I can grab more while it's still in stock if I need it.

Terry is settling into a routine. She's slowly learning not to bite (in play - she's not vicious). Her right eye is still running some, and she's sneezing a bit. I remember when BC was new she had an upper respiratory infection that took forever to go away and didn't respond to meds. I think she just finally outgrew the thing! If Terry isn't better by her next vet visit for second round of shots, we may need to address this. But she's active and eats like a little pig, seems healthy. So I'm not too worried.

David found this growing by the roadside a couple of nights ago. Some kind of gourd. Anyone know what it is? The pumpkin patch down the road is escaping into the street. We'll have some pumpkins growing in the ditch before long!

3 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Amy Lane said...

Do it yourself--if you botch it, A. no one will notice--they'll be too stunned by the lovely colorwork. B. The baby won't care--she'll love t'binkit (the blanket) because it's GORGEOUS and C. you will learn from it and the next one you'll be more comfortable with.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Sandra D. said...

Amy has convinced me - all good reasons!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Kari said...

I love the kitty quilt top! You should try quilting it yourself. I have not machine quilted before either. I am making two quilts for Christmas and i'm going to try machine quilting, which i hope works out because i don't think i have enought time to hand-quilt two quilts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home