K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Election Day and Yard Sale

Today was election day for us. It's the first time I've actually gone to the polls; David and I usually vote early at a county office. No line. I got to use the new machine (no clue why they asked me and not David, but I was happy - nice electronic machine). The ladies at the desk commented about there being more and more people in the district they don't know (including us). Wanted to know where we live - not the address, which means little. But who are our neighbors.

That done, we decided to yard sale it just a little - today is the official beginning of the 127 Yard Sale, which stretches along US Highway 127 from Kentucky into Alabama. David bought a couple of small cedar chests for the granddaughters. A couple of days ago I purchased this dressing table from Maggie (our quilting friend). A great deal. Not that I NEED it; but I used to have my mother's. Back when I was a teenager and didn't value good old furniture.



As you can see, Summer has made it "her" place in the bedroom. BC is contemplating mischief. She got caught, though.

In case you were wondering about my new favorite knitting needles (mentioned when I told you about The Yarn Patch), here they are. They're nicer than Crystal Palace and not quite as expensive. I now have dps in sizes 0-3. I bought a circular, too, but haven't had the opportunity to use it.


Today I've been working on a quilt for Annabelle's first birthday. Here's a sample block. I still need to do the little face, but my efforts at machine work there went to the frog pond. I think I may have to do them by hand. Or perhaps draw with a pigma pen.



Now I need to straighten up the sewing room mess and address the portable knitting. We're leaving in the morning for the second big paddling club outing of the summer: The Southern Invasion of Ohiopyle. I'll be back mid-month. I hope I'll have some generic socks and a chemo cap completed.

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Terri said...

I hope you find lots of knitting goodies at the 127 Yard Sale.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Beautiful furniture. Have a good time on your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home