K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

It's Finished!

Yippee. It's not great quilting, but I did it and it's OK. I learned a lot (like curves and the walking foot aren't a good match and I should practice, practice with the free motion stuff; like remember to choose a CONTINUOUS quilting pattern).















I also got lucky. The sides are supposed to be the same length, but hey, this is a quilt. I was able to wing it successfully on the two sides where the quilting pattern didn't quite work out. And I managed the mitered corners with a minimum of effort.

Now to put this in the mail for Annabelle - and a Happy First Birthday to her (I'd post a photo but I don't have anything recent).

3 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Terri said...

Hi Sandra, The quilt is so cute and I just love the colors. What a terrific keepsake for Annabelle. Now if I could only finish the quilt I started for my granddaughter Isabela who will be turning 1 in October.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Beautiful! Now I wnt one. And I can't sew to save my life! Ok, I can sew a straight line. For something veeeerryy small. Surely not a quilt! My MIL on the other hand DOES quilt....oooh that would be evil.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Kari said...

The quilt turned out very nice! Mitered corners are my favorite, they just give the quilt a nice finished look. I also really like the material that you chose as the background material. That finished it off nicely too.
One lady I know made a beautiful quilt top and then the back was a plain white, which i didn't think looked right because there was no white in the quilt top but there was a cream...and i think a cream color for the background would have looked sharp.
But anyways, love the quilt that you made. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home