K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Moving Right Along....


Well, at a snail's pace perhaps. I haven't found much time for blogging lately. But I have been paddling and knitting! And I think I left off with our summer vacation while we were still in Idaho.

So let's wrap up the vacation. After a fabulous river trip, hosted by Canyons of McCall, Idaho (beautiful scenery and whitewater, great guides, fabulous food, 6 days of fun on the Middle Fork of the Salmon),





David and I had planned some tourist stops taking a long way home. First up was Great Falls, Montana. Where the falls were pretty dry, but we enjoyed the Louis and Clark Interpretative Center. And Don and Karol picked up their new Subaru Outback, outfitted it with racks, and removed their boats and gear from our truck. We parted company here and made our separate ways home.

Further sightseeing for us included the Little Bighorn National Battlefield in Montana and Devil's Tower National Monument (no close encounters to report) in Wyoming.
In South Dakota we stopped to see Mt. Rushmore, Wall Drug, and Badlands National Park.
After which we were ready to head home and pretty much made a bee line from there. (By the way, my little photo friend is Loopy from The Loopy Ewe, who got to go on vacation with me and get his picture on Sheri's blog.)
Soooo, knitting is up next. But not this entry!




Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Neat pictures of your trip. What are you holding up next to the beware of bison sign? (Neat seeing bison crossing the road in the next picture:-)

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger hem said...

Your photos are breathtaking! I can't wait to hear all about it when we're up at John C. in Nov. (I'm actually sneaking in a trip to the Fall Festival. Shhhh...don't tell anyone. I'm trying to keep all the crafts for myself!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home