K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I've Been Knitting - Honest!

You don't need yet another inside-out photo of the green vest in progress. But be assured I'm making progress. In the meantime, I finished these:



This is a little cotton/silk top made from STASH yarn!! Whee, I used some of it up. Yarn is Misti Cotton, pattern is Jaunty Jane by Carolyn White.



This is a PAIR of socks. Dobby socks for sure. Although the same color and dyelot of Twin Twist from Wool in the Woods, it's hand dyed. As usually suggested when working with yarn like this, one should alternate the skeins every couple of rows. But for socks I won't do that. It interrupts the flow of the colors for one thing, and it's just plain annoying to me. But then, I don't mind the "fraternal twins" nature of the socks. And unlike a lot of people, I really like color pooling. I think these pooled quite nicely on the 2x2 ribbed legs.


Kari asked about what I was holding in front of the Bison sign, so here's a better photo. It's "Loopy" mascot for The Loopy Ewe. Sheri asked her customers to take Loopy on vacation and send in photos. So Loopy went to Idaho and back with me.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that t-top. It looks so comfortable. And I don't care about color pooling, either. I'd find it downright annoying to keep switching the yarns. I'm happy to merrily knit away on my socks.

I tried to reply to your email and it bounced back twice so I tried from my yahoo account. I hope that one worked!

ta-ta

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Wow Sandra, Your knitting is so perfect. Love the color of Jaunty Jane. Doesn't it feel good to knit from your stash?

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

Loved your sweater - it's absolutely beautiful - the color is great and it looks like it drapes well not to mention comfortable. I'm not one of those people that obsess about the color pooling or matching my socks - if I have 2 socks from the same yarn and they are finished - I'm happy.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Sandra D. said...

For those having trouble e-mailing me - my ISP recently changed it's system, and it appears I may need to start a "white list." I'll add you tomorrow Liz. The problem appears to be on my end, anyhow, not yours!

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the others: the sweater appears to be one of those happy examples of a very nicely thought-out pattern coupled with very nicely done knitting. I hope you'll bring it along to the Folk School this November (where I'll finally get to meet you).
Signed,
Holly's Knitting Friend Jean

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG . . . I was cleaning up my "favorites" and said "what is this bookmark" . . . I LOVE IT . . . and all you have posted! You are as prolific with words as you are with wonderful projects! Thanks for sharing! No wonder we don't email anymore :D

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Kari said...

Cool sweater and you used some stash yarn so yeah! :-)

Thanks for explaining what you were holding up by bison sign.

And i really like the colors in the socks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home