K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 Socks Done

Not exactly down to the wire. I knitted the sock on my left foot last winter, casting on the first stitches on Jan 1, 2007. My intention was to finish the pair by the end of the year. The second sock was completed at 8:53 pm CST tonight, Dec 31, 2007. So I followed my rule in this little game I'm playing with myself, and I have a new pair of socks.















However, I have learned that I should do one of the following: (1) not wait almost a year before knitting the second sock, especially if I don't (2) take the first sock along so I can see what I did because I didn't (3) make better notes. A close view will show some discrepancies between sock #1 and sock #2. Dobby socks again!

















Now I'll go swatch. I've been thinking long and hard about what my 2008 socks will be. Tomorrow I'll know for certain what they'll be. And a final "cuteness" photo for 2007 - a rare occurrence with all three snoozed up close to each other.







Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

who cares if they don't match exactly - it's great you finished the project.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Kari said...

The socks look great! And cute pictures of the cats. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home