K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Monday, December 17, 2007

Rib Warmers - What Else?

Considering I've been teaching a workshop at The Yarn Patch (see link on sidebar), and knitting more for myself in the process, here are some of the results.

Here's Treva. Her's is knitted with Taos, a soft wool. She hasn't blocked it yet, so it will be a little longer when she's finished.



















Here's Susan, also looking fabulous. Susan chose to crochet her edging.

Treva and Susan both work at The Yarn Patch and have been very helpful to me with my classes, as have all the shop employees. More photos of their finished rib warmers as soon as I can get them.

THIS is the one I had in "time out" for a few years because I had attached the I-cord too tightly, not once, but twice (Noro Silk Garden). Now that I know to make an I-cord swatch and attach based on the information it gives me, I was able to fix it. I left the original I-cord around the armholes, which I want to pull in some anyway, but replaced it around the perimeter. It's magic - I can wear it finally:



















Speaking if I-cord magic, here are some photos of the green one that I knitted in September DiVe Autunno in the Chrysalis colorway) to hang in the shop. It got super stretched out after hanging up for a couple of months, so I brought it home and blocked it. I have completed the perimeter and one armhole. Check out the two armholes for a comparison - see how wonderful I-cord can be?


I-cord has been applied on my right armhole, but not on the left.



Here's the un-done armhole from the side.





And the completed armhole.


This is the black one (Harrisville Flax and Wool, which I LOVE) I made knitting along with my workshop students.

And since I'm showing off rib warmers, here are older ones: me in the Noro one I knitted for my cousin, and Nancy wearing the one I made for her in Manos.


















Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geez, Sandra, you're making me want to knit one of these!

P.S. Spinning is addicting. ;-)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Great looking knitting! I especially like Susan's colourway.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Kari said...

That is interesting how the i-cord finished up that armhole quite nicely.
All of the rib warmers are very nice.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

looks like the class was a success and everyone turned out with wonderful results.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home