K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Jackie Lee has a new vest




This is Jackie Lee. She's come to live with me so I'll have a model. In my effort to prove to myself that I can knit a rib warmer in any size with any yarn, I made her a vest. BC is impressed with it.
In other knitting news..... I'm sewing the boondoggle sweater. The one I didn't plan on making and started on impulse because Maria and Betty at Tuesday Knit Night were making them. Theirs are green, so I felt like I'd be a copycat to do green. OK, I am a copycat, but I at least went for different colors. And I'm into fall colors right now. (We actually have some in the woods and fields here in Tennessee.) I'm calling this one Autumn Diamonds.
If I'm lucky and don't dawdle too long, I'll have this sweater done in time for the fashion gallery at Knit Out and Fiber Festival in Crossville on Saturday.




Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

In Betsy's famous word ... FABULOUS!! It really is an incredible little rib warmer. When did you get an American Girl doll? Isn't she really a lucky little AG?? I'm jealous. Too hot in Texas for ribwarmers unfortunately. The sweater is unbelievable!! I had to pass along your blog to my cousin to see and I know she will share it with her friends that knit. They will all be 'pea-green' with envy!! Love it, love it, love it!!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Kari said...

That is going to be a very nice sweater..neat colors! :-)
(My cat is sitting on my lap purring as "quiet" as he can...so helpful, lol....)

 
At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The vest is so cute. I'm impressed that you could scale it for a doll. Wow.

And the sweater is lovely.

I bought my kiwi wheel today. :-) It's not put together yet but I'm excited! This is the last week of teaching class so I should have a little more time to myself soon. It's been beyond crazy.

I went to Rhinebeck on Saturday and had such a great time. It was reward for two weeks of almost nonstop work. I bought a whole alpaca fleece. That's a goal after I learn to use the wheel with the tons of wool I have. I have plenty to practice with. My husband says I had a smile on my fact the whole day!

Liz

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Terri said...

You crack me up...

Autumn Diamonds is beautiful. You are such an inspiration.

I was just thinking about you when I looked at the front page of The Nantucket Independent newspaper. There is an article about "butterfly-banding", specifically attaching tags to Monarch butterfly wings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home