K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Home Dec

I've been making pillows. From scratch. Totally from scratch.













I had a couple of false starts before I decided that a zipper AND piping at the seams lines are just beyond my skills. Once I accepted that and inserted the zippers in the middle of the backs, it was just a matter of doing the job.

But first I had to make the forms (non-standard size wanted). Then I had to make the piping. I futzed with this for several days but it's done. And packed to mail. Along with a couple of napkins from leftovers from a previous pillow. (color issues with my camera again - it's not blue, it's purple)














More to come, but this is it for now. I can go back to fiber fun for a while!



Here's some yarn from my Totally Tubular kit. I'm pleased with this, but I need to work on the plying skills!
And then the natural rainbow yarn. Singles on the left, which is what I used to make the ribwarmer. Navajo plied on the right. Same fiber.


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Liz said...

Oooh, pretty. I love the gold and purple...that is if that's the true colors.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

Your colors are beautiful - they look right on my computer. You did a great job - I'm thinking of taking a pillow piping class through my guild - there are some tools and a book that is suppose to make it very simple called PIPING HOT BINDING by Susan K. Cleveland. You might want to check it out but your projects look great like I said.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger hem said...

Your spinning looks gorgeous!
This week my wheel has been stuck in a corner sobbing, but I'm going to have to do something about that sticky roving before I can do anything else.

Great pillows! I have some cool retro fabric that has yet to transform itself into floor cushions. I'm not sure what's keeping the Home Decor Elves from visiting my house. Maybe I should leave out some cookies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home