K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A New Year

2008 Already!


This year I am going to either finish or formally abandon any and all socks currently on the needles. I am going to finish spinning the green pencil roving (hand spindle) and knit myself mittens from the yarn.


And I'm going to "spin my wheel" more. More spinning = more learning and improved results. That's a good goal!


I will also start my Christmas 2008 gift knitting in January (easy one - it's already begun).


Today, the projects on my needles that need to be finished SOON. Of course, there's no way I know the current UFO count (nor do I particularly care). But these projects have reasons to be done.



A new hat for Andrew. The one I made him two years ago turned up with little holes in it when he went to use it this year. Andrew is an active hunter and fisherman, and he really likes the soft, warm Noro wool hat. New one post haste, along with washing and storing directions to keep the m _ _ _ _ at bay.
















A big blob that will be felted. It's my head start on Christmas 2008 and I will say no more lest word get out to the intended recipient.

















A rib warmer, with some modifications and a possible "unvention." No more said about that until it's unveiled. Except that I'd like this one pretty well done by Thursday, when I begin teaching the new rib warmer class at The Yarn Patch.



















A rib warmer, knit from my handspun. Wool dyed with natural dyes in my learn to spin class last winter. It's deliberately spun thick and thin, fuzzy slubby. Yes it is!! But it's also the very first wool I carded and prepared for spinning, and I've learned a lot of how NOT to do it since. This one will be a show and tell at the January Spin-In, where Diana and I are planning on playing in Destin, Florida late in the month.















Lots of other goals, of course. But since I know me, they're likely to change as the year progresses, so I won't mention them.


And..... the 2008 socks are under way. I've decided on the Tyrolean Stockings, designed by Ann Budd in the Fall 2007 issue of Interweave Knits. These ought to take me a while!




Happy New Year to everyone!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I have an excellent excuse for my unfinished socks...I have tennis elbow and can't knit for a while. Although the socks are from last february...so it's not a very GOOD excuse! have fun...

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I love the colors of your handspun. You used natural materials to dye them? That's pretty amazing. I'm only in the koolaid dyeing stage. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home