K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Spinning My Wheel

As I said I would, I've been spinning. But first, I finished Andrew's hat and it's on it's way to Oklahoma. The colors in the photo aren't quite true. It's got green, not teal, charcoal, black and gray, and rusty brown. There's no blue or purple. I should get a better camera or something.
















I've filled two bobbins. This is 2/3 of what I need for a hat. I'll ply as soon as my tensioned lazy kate arrives. Or maybe sooner, since I'm running out of bobbins.















And I've been knitting with handspun, natural dyed yarn. Ribwarmer in process.



For thos of you who don't know, if you click on a photo you get a bigger, closer view. I think the fiber on the bobbins is pretty cool. When I'm finished with the hat, I'll post where I got the kit. I can't remember right now and I'd have to go back downstairs to look. I'll do it soon.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:05 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Ooh pretty spinning!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Liz said...

A tensioned lazy kate! Vinnie (my spinning instructor) said that's the next thing I need and that when there's a gift-giving occasion, I should ask my hubby to google it.

The ribwarmer looks like a rainbow!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Deborah said...

Your rainbow ribwarmer is beautiful. Congratulations.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Neat hat, I love the colors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home