K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Spin-In















I went to Destin, Florida. I shared a condo with Diana. We met a whole room full of other spinners and vendors. I met Tonni, who, like Diana, is from Alabama. We carded, we partied, we were silly, we had fun.


Here are Diana and Tonni working with the drum carder.





Our "party hats". Char with a silk hankie:






Diana with the flying pig and some roving, tied on with handspun:














Tonni with wrapping paper adorned with handspun streamers:




And Diana wearing her gorgeous original design sweater:







Yes, I did make some yarn. When I get new batteries for my camera, I'll show you some yarn and roving (yes, there were vendors!! came home with more fiber than I went with).









(edited later: I've tried several times to fix the formatting and it just isn't going to happen. Sorry for the less than great presentation!)


















Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Carol said...

It sounds like fun was had! And the pictures you did show look like a hoot!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger hem said...

I'm so envious! I hope I get to got with you next year!!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Tonni said...

Your pics turned out great! I had so much fun... can't wait for the July gathering in Mentone!

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Looks like that was a lot of fun! And I love the colors in Diana's sweater.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home