K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Harlot in Nashville





Stephanie is as funny, intelligent and profound as ever. Even more so in person than in print. I will never miss a chance to see her in person.




I went early to the event:





The Borders guy was setting up the sound system:



The Borders people were great. They made rounds with samples of coffee and snacks, and made waiting for Stephanie a pleasant "knit in."


I "finished" the Tennessee Spring socks (yes, they're as finished as I intended - they're for Stephanie as a memento of Tennessee [ "Born on a mountain top in Tennessee; Greenest state in the land of the free"] and she knows and I don't know how long to make her socks and how she likes to finish the toes).




I met Sydney (www.doctordirt.com/blog) and Rick (who took pictures for me):





Good day, great times! Thanks Stephanie. I always leave your presence inspired, not to knit more, or knit better, but knowing that I have the potential to be a better person, and striving for that. Thanks Sydney and Rick. Thanks Nashville knitters. And thanks Borders.



Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I'm so jealous! It's probably too much to hope that she'll come to Long Island. And I couldn't go to the launch because I was teaching. :-(

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your trip back was uneventful. I'm glad I had the chance to meet you last night. It was such a fun night!

Oh, and on my blog. Katie is the grey cat and Clyde is the ferret.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Chris said...

I just couldn't get my schedule worked out to get there. DRAT! I happy to hear you had a great time and from your pics (and Stephanie's) it looks like the turnout was fabulous!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Tonni said...

I missed it! Should have had my David meet you up there since he's working a little south of that store in Spring Hill... where I was when the harlot was in Atlanta! Hopefully next time she is withing driving distance I can go :(

Love your socks! DD always says i'm the earliest to arrive anywhere... looks like you have the same problem :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home