K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Colors Are All Here - Moving Forward



We spent Easter weekend camping and kayaking with our paddling group from Chattanooga, but since we got home early this afternoon, I'm moving forward on my Mara vest again. I've finally completed at least one repeat of all the pattern bands. I'm reasonably pleased with the colors.

I found that, while my stitch gauge matches my swatch, my row gauge doesn't. I planned my pattern band placement for 9 rows per inch, and I'm getting closer to 7.75 rows per inch. I'll measure and figure again tomorrow just to make sure. But I'm not ripping. I'll just have to come up with plan B.

Several of you have asked about Sadie. Her surgery went well, and she's recovering nicely. She is confined to her own room with a baby gate when D isn't at home, in order to minimize her movement. But so far, so good.

I thought I'd show how my "baby", BC, can contort herself when she's sleeping. I know cats can get into strange positions and it's not unusual. But BC really does strike some odd poses now and then.

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Terri said...

Hi Sandra, Mara is really coming along and looking good. I hope kittie makes a speedy recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home