K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

While Traveling

I was a guest at Pat's place in Tampa. She bought my favorite chicken salad from Barrow's, prepared my breakfast and left it in the fridge for me, had coffee ready. Great hostess, huh? But the BEST part of staying with Pat is the feline company! Sophie standing, and Zoe in the sink. Both adoptees from the Hillsborough County Humane Society. Lucky Pat, and lucky kitties. And lucky me. Even though Sophie decided to play with toy mice in the bed at 3:30 am - having cats share the bed is always a welcome experience for me.


And knitting progress to report as well. I took some Austermann Step in what I think is color 09, and returned with this much of a generic sock:

This will be for my friend Jenny, assuming she still likes it after the stripes and colors have developed. If she doesn't they're for me, and I'll give her another choice soon.

I also worked on Fetzen socks while I was in the motel in Nashville, but didn't take them with me on the plane. I can't afford to be distracted while working on charted patterns. So those, along with the Lisa Souza petal lace are still in process.

1 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Funny kitties! I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who can't keep the felines off of the counter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home