K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Random

OK, the big-time bloggers can do it. So I will, too. Mostly because it's a bit hectic for me and I can't be coherent. I'm leaving this afternoon to begin the first leg of a trip to Florida and I'll be home on Saturday.

We returned from a fun 4-day paddling outing last weekend. This is what I saw when I got back:

Daddy long-legs convention on the deck ceiling! Way cool. They were still there last time I looked. I have NO CLUE what's happening here, so if anyone knows more about arachnids than I do, please enlighten me!

In addition to quilts, Maggie makes great little tote bags. She makes them as purses, but for me they're the perfect size for traveling with small knitting projects. See?
















I finished and mailed the strawberry baby hat for a breast feeding awareness event. You can read about it here: http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog/archives/2006_06.html; June 29th entry.






Remember my lovely wildflower bed with the "Please Don't Mow" sign?



The mowers came two days ago while I was out discovering my new LYS (yes, can you believe it - a NICE one, too, and friendly, right here in the middle of nowhere, TN - more on that later - it deserves it's own entry!). This is what I saw when I got home. I was fuming! Fortunately I calmed down by the time I took photos to the highway department office. More flies with honey, they say. And the super was most apologetic and promises to endeavor to keep this from happening again.

I have to go now. Here's BC again (who is in need of a playmate - she really, really misses Cali, as much as I do I think).

2 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I love the kitty in the sink picture. So realistic! And where can I get a tote like yours? does Maggie sell them online to us Canadians in the far north?

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Spiders?!?! EWWW.....I hate bugs. *shudders*

And I love the bag! That is definately perfect for carrying knitting projects.

The strawberry hat turned out quite nicely.
And I can't believe they mowed over your wildflowers! I remember you posted a picture of the sign...how could they not see the sign! Did they mow over the sign? Because if i remember correctly the sign was in the middle, and hard to miss.

Cute picture of BC! You take the cutest pictures of your cats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home