K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

UFOs and PIGS

David categorizes my projects. If I've started it and not finished, it's a UFO. Everyone knows about those, and I have more than my share. But if I haven't started it, it's PIGS (projects in grocery sacks). These are separate from just "stash", which is undifferentiated yarn and fabric for which I have no particular project in mind just yet.

Here are a few of the most current UFOs and PIGS. UFOs first:
Lone Star quilt in process, from a Jinny Beyer kit (Kalimantan).

Socks for friends, Socks for Soldiers.
Great American Afghan squares blocking. Trees are to be appliqued onto a plain blue block.
From SAFF last weekend; the "no shopping much" trip! Clockwise from top left: "Candycane" Jacob wool in dark brown and natural; wooland silk blend in hand dyed colors that just sang to me; lucky find - buttons to match the wool!; alpaca from a farm not far from here, near Gallatin, TN; new Bosworth midi spindle; a pound of kid mohair yarn.

Brown Corriedale roving.

These are, of course, by no means all of the UFO's or PIGS. I need to stay busy - I'm running out of room!

4 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say but I'm in the same boat with you but never knew about PIGS - yes I can hear them in the closet 'oinking' - I have a whole herd (isn't that what you call a group of swine) in there!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Kari said...

I like the colors in the lone star quilt. And the second pair of socks that i made in my life was the blue/gray/purple yarn that you are using! Lion brand, right?
And is that a knitted tree? Wow, that is cool! :-)

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Sandra D. said...

I finally figured out why the wool and silk sings.... it's all the colors of the Bradford pear leaves right now. Some absolutely stunning ones, especially in and around Wartburg, TN.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Terri said...

I've got plenty of UFO's and PIGS myself. I like the colors in David's new project. Oh, are those new socks you are knitting?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home