K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Critters

My cats enjoy sitting in the window and watching the activity at my bird feeders. Lately Terry has taken to joining BC there. But with the original setup, there was really only room for one cat. Terry, being the smart cookie that she is, probably realized she was crowding BC, who doesn't like that. Thus BC would leave the "bird seat" to Terry.


I asked David to expand the bird seat so it would have room for two. Once done, the above scenario repeated itself a few times. Then BC realized, I think, that she wouldn't be crowded. My objective was achieved!








Another activity that BC is enjoying these days is watching something else at night:

This is a recent photo of our deck. Hmmmm, wonder what's making the little droppings?
Here's what's above those droppings:
David suspected, and finally decided to look. Definitely bats!! He unscrewed a corner of the sign and peeked. One flew out, and another barred it's little teeth at him! He's let them be for now. We have two perfectly good bat houses high up on the siding, but this is home near an easy food source, because night insects flutter around our windows and doors at night. The sign's occupants don't have far to go for a meal.
We also suspect we have bats in the attic. But with the temperatures being what they have, David has no intention of investigating and remedying the situation until the weather is cooler. In the meantime, David is sweeping up bat poop and we're leaving them alone. They do entertain BC, that's for sure!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Terri said...

The kitty's are as cute as always!

I have been talking about putting up a bat house for years. Who would have thought the perfect spot would be behind your Goodyear sign. Go figure!

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, cute cats!

I would freak if I saw a bat. The nastiest thing we see around here is a raccoon or a possum.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Be careful cleaning out the attic! Bat guano can be dangerous to your health. I think you might need a respirator. Not sure, but check it out beforehand! Although I'm sure kitty will miss her entertainment!

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Deborah said...

Cute pictures and story about the cats. Bats on the other hand are interesting - we had a problem here in town that Paul had to work around - you'd be surprised about all the things you can found out about bats but I still wouldn't want them living in my attic or over a door/window!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger hem said...

I LOVE that you have bats! I just wish that you also had a belfry!! ;0)

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Kari said...

Bats barring teeth...eekk...scary...
And cute pictures of your cats! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home