K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Monday, September 24, 2007

Ta-Da!!








Click to make the pictures bigger. I found ONE Monarch chrysalis! But since the caterpillars wandered off without telling me where they were going, I count myself lucky.


This thing is beautiful - like a little piece of jade jewelry with gold trim. Looks like a pretty safe place to hang out and turn into a butterfly if you ask me! I understand it will become more transparent the closer it gets to emerging, so I'll be keeping my watch. I'm excited. This is way more cool (and elegant) than watching caterpillars devour leaves and poop.


OK, second ta-da!


A ribwarmer almost complete. (It's not brown and blue, it's green and turquoise - strange colors and the camera will NOT get them right. At least not in this light. I'll try again when I've finished it.) I knitted most of this on our drive to and from West Virginia and over our weekend there. My LYS has asked me to conduct a workshop on making this garment, so I figured having a model knitted from yarn that they sell would be a good thing. I think we'll be ordering the Spun Out (see http://www.schoolhousepress.com/) as soon as we have an idea how many people are interested. In the meantime, my little finger will be knitting ribwarmers!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Nice ribwarmer....can't wait to see/hear the monarch updates..

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Kari said...

I like the brown and blue color. It will be interesting to see it finished and see if the picture comes out with the right color. :-)

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun to wait for the butterfly! It reminds me of a trip to Hershey Gardens in Hershey, PA. They have a butterfly house that's just amazing. There are two doors. Before the second door, you have to check yourself in the mirror to make sure you don't have any "hitchhikers" before you leave! They have a whole area with the cocoons. It was fascinating.

Wish I could attend your class!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Octopus Knits said...

The ribwarmer looks great, and I agree - that looks like a good spot to become a butterfly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home