K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wedding Dress and other endeavors

Well, I didn't MAKE a wedding dress, I un-made one. And then made keepsake cushions. My friend, Jean Ann, was married in a lovely silk, tulle and lace gown, probably early-mid 50's. One daughter wore the dress at HER wedding, and the second daughter isn't married and not likely to wear the dress should she change her status. So, Jean Ann asked if I could make cushions for her and her daughters. That way they'd have a keepsake of the dress, but she wouldn't have to keep the whole thing around. So it's done.




In other fibery pursuits, I've dyed some white Koigu sock yarn in the copper jar. Dark to light: 20 minutes in the jar, then about 6, then about 2 (it's really a dusty sage green, not gray, even though it's a gray-ish green).




And if you've seen or read about the new sock book by Cat Bordhi







you'll probably realize that I've been exploring some of the new "sockitectures" therein. Really cool stuff. Here's are the first and second little learning socks from the book.



Now I'm having a hard time deciding which one to try for full size!











Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Making pillows out of an old wedding dress is a really good idea! Nobody is going to use the old wedding dress and it's just going to collect dust wherever it is, so might as well make it into something useful. That reminds me, several years ago my mom had a few old coats made into bears.

And on the socks, i like the second one better...the twist in the foot is neat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home