K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Riverbed Socks


My first completed sock from New Pathways for Sock Knitters by Cat Bordhi. It's a "Riverbed" sockitechture, where the "gusset" stitches are on the botton of the foot - you should be able to see the triangle from about mid-foot to the heel. I have a Coriolis sock on the needles, but it got put away somewhere and it's hiding among the UFO's right now, so this counts as my first sock from the book. I'm in danger of SSS, though, because now that I know how to do this, I want to try another one from the book.



BUT.... I love the yarn - it's Sheep Shop Sheep #3, a wool/silk blend that is soft and knits like a dream. Not sure how well it's going to wear for socks, but I want to find out. Luckily it's sport weight, so the second sock won't take long. I must cast it on today, though!



Other views:


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Oooh, nifty! Definitely, cast on for the second one right now. that way SSS will be staved off. And you'll have a cool pair of neat socks...

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice sock! I must get Cat Bordhi's book. I've seen so many interesting socks from it.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Liz said...

I really love the colors. So pretty!

P.S. I gave myself a gift recently. Check out my new Joy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home