K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Settling Down


OK, I'm settling down from last week's high of the visit to Nashville to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. Things are blooming around here. My lovely irises were a gift from my friend Nancy, and they're even more beautiful than I had hoped. As you can see, many more to come! I'm excited about that.

This is green Euroflax Linen. No, it's not the Mason-Dixon After Dark Nighty. I figured I'm make some hand towels first. Sort of test drive the yarn - see how we get along together before I commit to a garment.

And here's the multi-directional scarf after one skein of Alchemy's Syn-chronicity. I frogged the first attempt, which at 5 inches was eating up the yarn too fast. I only have two skeins and I was not going to get a decently long scarf. It's 4 inches now and about 29 inches long. I am enjoying this technique (being the garter stitch fan that I am), so I ordered Modular Knits by Iris Schreier to explore it further.

We're going to Oklahoma soon to visit David's family. That should mean lots of time to finish the scarf and work on the Koigu socks. I'll take an extra project or two, just to be sure I won't run out of knitting. I will try to stay out of the yarn shops in Oklahoma City and Tulsa and Guthrie. We plan to visit a couple of museums this trip, and spend more than a quick evening in Tulsa.

Of course, I can't wait to see the grand-daughters again. Gillian, at age 5, is just fun. And Annabelle will be almost 9 months old and certainly grown a lot since we saw them in February.

5 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Blogger Beth said...

We're still several weeks away from irises blooming here in Cincinnati. Yours are beautiful - it's one of my favorite flowers and the blooms aren't around nearly long enough.

 
At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous flowers! Do check the on-line errata for Modular Knitting --there are a couple of corrections.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to go to school in Oklahoma, and I know that you want to stay out of the yarn shops, but I simply cannot allow you to miss out on Sealed With A Kiss in Guthrie, affectionaly referred to as "swak" by Okie knitters. It was once (though may not be anymore) the largest yarn store in the U.S. I highly suggest you at least go in. Leave most of your money in the car if you're concerned about spending it all (which is pretty easy to do in there). :)

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Hi Sandra, Looks like you have been very busy with new knitting projects and the very adorable grand-daughters. Iris' are my fav's wish I had some in my yard.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Very pretty flowers.

The modular knitted scarf looks nice so far. I haven't tried modular knitting before...but it looks fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home