K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Anniversary!


BC came to live with us a year ago today! David spotted her hiding in the weeds next to a power pole at a nearby intersection. I had pulled over, oddly enough, to see if I could coax a traffic clueless little dog out of the road. The dog ran away from me, and as I got back into the car, David pointed out the little black face staring out at us. She didn't run when I approached her, and when I picked her up, she was friendly. I couldn't leave her there, and saw no mother cat or other kittens nearby. So home she came.

I had intended to find a home for her, since I really didn't want a kitten and the three older cats didn't either. I didn't want to name her, fearing I'd start to get attached, so I just called her BC, short for "black cat." But she was a lively kitten with winning ways. She even charmed Cali into being her friend. It wasn't long before BC won my heart and when someone finally did phone in answer to my ads, I couldn't give her up.


So here she is a year later, relaxing on the "bird seat."









Sock knitting for David: Interlacements Toasty Toes, and the skein is gone. Size 11-1/2 foot, 8" cuffs with 56 stitches. Good thing I have some of the same colorway left from a pair I knitted for myself. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's enough to finish; I've just completed about 2 rounds past the gusset, so I'll probably hold my breath until the toe is grafted.








2 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Beautiful cat! They do have a way of getting into you rheart, don't they? Here's hoping you have enough yarn.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Terri said...

What a great story about BC. I guess it was meant to be. What a lucky cat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home