K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Friday, November 10, 2006

FOs!!

Socks for me! Yaaaay, now I have 3 pairs of handknitted socks again.

The right (or left in the picture) sock had been lanquishing, completed and unmated, for 3-4 years. I finished the bottom sock last night. Sock #1 was the first sock I ever made using the 2 circular needles method. I made the second one using my usual double points. My gauge has also changed a bit since the first sock, and I had to use slightly larger needles for #2. I hereby resolve to suffer no more from second sock syndrome!

I'm pleased with these. I found them slightly boring to knit after the first couple of stripe sequences, and blue/gray aren't my favorite colors. But I chose the yarn because I thought they'd go well with jeans, and they fit the bill perfectly. Also note these are "Dobby" socks - they don't match. (Regia jacquard color).





And socks for Nancy! This pair did not take 3+ years to complete, and they are not Dobby socks. I did a reasonable job of matching them; not perfect, but close. I did these in about a month, though most of the knitting was over a several day period just before Nancy arrived for a visit. I wanted to send them on to Chicago with her. These are Opal Rodeo, with most of the green cut out. I left in the shorter green bits for some interest, but what would have been wide green bands were cut out, since it just visually bothered me, and Nancy likes the raspberry and turquoise parts best anyway.

I won't be posting again for a while. I'm leaving on Sunday for a week at the John C. Campbell Folk School - an Aran Knitting workshop. Maybe I'll remember to take some interesting pictures for when I get home.

4 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the term 'unmated' - the SSS is a real hill to struggle sometimes but I've been lucky and never left except one pair unmated and simply because I hated the yarn ... that stretchy stuff that I tried to make footies out of ... can't even remember what it was called. Have a good time at the workshop!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Carol said...

A knitting workshop....for a whole week...sounds like a great time....

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Do you like knitting socks better on dpn's or circs?

Have a wonderful time next week. Looking forward to reading about it on your blog.

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Kari said...

The socks all turned out very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home