K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Hasta Luego

Can you tell I'm going to Costa Rica? Tomorrow. Well, I'm driving to Charlotte airport area tomorrow; I'm flying out Saturday am. Why drive all that way (6+ hours) when there are two airports within 2 hours? Simple - US Airways flies direct from Charlotte to San Jose, Costa Rica. My luggage gets on the plane when I do and gets off again in San Jose. It doesn't have to wander around any other airports in order to join me at my destination. Having dealt with wayward luggage on paddling trips to Central America in the past, I find this a compelling reason to drive to Charlotte. It's not all bad; I'll stop to see Jim and Scott at their new business on the way.

I'm leaving the Aran vest at this point of completion (or incompletion, actually). Armhole shaping is just about done.



I'm taking 3 socks in process with me. No, not Scott's socks. Not yet.

Terry was spayed yesterday. David will bring her home tomorrow. I hate it that she has to return from major surgery and find her mommy gone. For almost 2 weeks! Lousy timing, but the kid was approaching "that" age and I couldn't risk letting her mature while I was gone.

So until I return, here's a photo of the kitten child, keeping me company at the sewing machine.

3 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I see the cat is very helpful. One of my cats would be "helpful" by sitting in front of my lap and getting his nose right in whatever i'm doing.

Enjoy your trip to Costa Rica! :-)

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Poor Terry. But it is for the best that she get her surgery over with. She'll just have to get her daddy to give her the attention. That is a totally cute pic of her snuggling up!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Terri said...

You're making nice progress on your Aran. Looking Good! Terry is so adorable sitting there with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home