K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Knitterly Content

I have been knitting. I made a "knitcushion"


with scraps of Noro Kureyon and the #8 needles you see there. I'm finding it very useful, what with needing access to my cable needle, plus crochet hook and double points for spontaneous surgery.



This is 4 rows unraveled to correct a couple of moves in the wrong direction. Since it was all stockinette and only involved one error, this was a pretty easy maneuver.

Here's the progression of my vest:

First, I used stitch markers to divide the pattern panels until I had enough knitting to be able to see my 4-stitch separators. Then I added the little tags with the patterns used in each position, again until I could see enough of the patterns to identify them.



First, the stitch markers went.


And finally I was able to remove the ID tags.

3 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Surgery! wo! Holy crap! Markers AND ID tags! You are one organized woman!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Hi Sandra,

I enjoyed reading about your Aran class. Thanks for sharing. Glad you liked it and it looks like you are off to a good start with your sweater. Now you have to keep it going...

Looks like the 'knitcushion' is very useful and what a great way to use up scraps.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Wow, that is going to be a neat sweater! Also love the knitcushion, very pretty with the colors and also useful. Did you use a pattern to make it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home