K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Costa Rica, Christmas Socks, and More

I'm back! I had a great time. I'm going to show you some pictures. But first, the Christmas socks. As in, I promised them for Christmas, which made my procrastination gene kick in. Yes, I worked on them during the Costa Rica trip, but not enough. I was down to the wire and had to Express mail them today. I hereby promise myself I will do no more "deadline" knitting - I can't fight the procrastination gene!















Hers are Opal Petticoat. His are KnitPicks Landscape (now Memories) in the Cape Cod colorway.

And Terry fared just fine while I was gone, post surgery and all. David took good care of the girls. Here he is with Terry and Baby Kitty(the black and white kitty) (this is a big deal - Baby Kitty is very skittish about sitting in the chair with anyone!).















And now, for your armchair traveling, Costa Rica in December:















This is my good friend, Nancy (I have 3 paddling friends named Nancy) at Jaco Beach, on the Pacific coast. We're on our way to view the sunset after we spent some of the afternoon surfing here.














Luxury accomodations at the Occidental Hotel, El Toucan. It's raining, but expected. This is the rainforest, after all. We got to relax here in the pool and hot tub after a day on the Rio Balsa.
















Well, I think I must be maxed out on the photos or something; I can't seem to add any more. So next time....

Happy solstice, and happy holidays to everyone! David and I will be spending a quiet one at home this year, and heading to Oklahoma after the first for Gillian's 6th birthday!

3 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Subtitle for the Terry and Baby Kitty pic: Oh no! She caught me!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Hi Sandra,

Welcome Back! Happy Holidays to you, David, and your furry friends.

Love the pictures of Costa Rica.

 
At 6:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks turned out quite nicely. I really like the colors in the pink/peach sock.

I love how Terry and Baby Kitty are "helping" David read a book.

Beautiful pictures of your trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home