K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Gourmet for One



Food and wine. Chicken recipe from my friend Karol, but this is really leftovers. I prepared this dish when our friends stayed with us Sunday evening.





Yarn. I received this brightly colored sample of superwash merino and decided to try it as a quick break between plying and spinning my medium brown Corriedale roving. Whoaaa! I can tell I'm not ready for this yet! Also, I was spinning it pretty fine, and the wheel just about yanked it away from me. I can see where the lace kit would be handy of one were going to do much fine spinning! I didn't do this long, but the bright colors were fun. Today it was back to my natural brown roving.

2 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Wow have you been really busy since i last checked your blog! All of the spinning and dying yarn, etc, is very cool.

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandra, this just blows me away. Orchids are NOTHING compared to all this work!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home