K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Monday, Monday

David left for his Grand Canyon trip today. I have to stay busy so the time will go quickly. He'll be gone about 6 weeks.

BC went to the vet today. I must have her de-clawed and the surgery is tomorrow. I can't possibly manage NOT feeding and watering one cat in the house when there are three others who can eat and drink. So surgery days for kitties are preceded by an overnight at the vet. Sigh.... I hate having to do this. But she's developed the habit of ripping up the carpet pile and eating it. And climbing the walls. Otherwise she's a wonderful kitty. Terry has gotten along just fine post de-clawing and doesn't seem any the worse for the wear. Cali never seemed any different - she was de-clawed when I found her. So.... but still, it's tough knowing she's there and I'm here and I can't be any comfort to her until I bring her home.

I woke up feeling stuffy and as the day has progressed, I've decided I'm getting a cold.

On the busy side, I'm getting my tax documentation done. I took apart the old CD player that ate 3 of my CDs and wouldn't give them back. I got my CD's and it's going to the dump tomorrow. New one in the box downstairs waiting for me to finish with the tax stuff.

And I have yarn that I made myself!




The brown is Corriedale roving and the first yarn from my new wheel. The green is Columbia pencil roving from Chester Farms (purchased from Holly Spring Homespun), spun on my hand spindle. I wish I had a better camera, but maybe if you click on the picture, you'll get a closer look at the yarn texture or something.



And here's the current state of the myster jar. HollyMay was thinking crayons, but I believe that's because she had nothing with which to gain any perspective. So here's a picture with stuff next to it, for a better idea of size.

5 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must confess that I enlarged the pic of your mystery jar and it looks like copper tubing that has been cut with wire cutters, showing the hollow tube end. Can't imagine what that is for!

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger hem said...

That jar is waaay larger than I thought! My new guess is cinnamon sticks.

LOVE your yarn. I can hardly wait to take Martha's class!!

Sorry your kitty is at the vet's. Vet stays bring out serious guilt for the parents of fur children! Just know that BC will feel better once she's home and back with the other kids.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to guess cinnamon stick - you must have to soak it to make some kind of dye for your wool or it may be some kind of bark.

Hate to hear about BC but I know it's for the best.

Keep up the good work.
Deborah

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I always miss my kitties terribly when they have to stay overnight.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Terri said...

My vote is for the copper tubing in the jar.

I hope all goes well with kitty's de-clawing and you didn't come down with that cold you were speaking of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home