K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Pesky Fiber Stuff!

Fiber stuff is soooo sneaky! It sits quietly in the store. It looks inviting. If given half a chance it will follow you home. And THEN, once there, it keeps drawing attention to itself, making noise and not leaving you alone. The Ashford Traveller spinning wheel has been like that. And now this, this.... Louet drum carder!



And it's not just equipment. Fleece is the same way. This New Zealand Romney from The Yarn Circle, for example. It knows it hooked me and that I'd have to have more!



And of course, once you're reading all about spinning, and you run across something that says "Perendale is an excellent fleece for beginners," you must run to the internet and find some. Perendale lamb, lovely, not very greasy, and just begging me to wash and spin it.



Noise, that's all I've had from this pesky spinning equipment and fiber, ever since that spinning bug bit me. Sigh.... soon I will give in to the pests.

But right now I'm knitting my hat for the Yarn Harlot's Represent book launch in New York. I leave in the morning and I'll be back late on Friday. Just in time to turn things around at home and head out for another fun filled week at the John C. Campbell Folk School.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger hem said...

ARGH! (Much wailing and gnashing of teeth.) You're going to Folk School AGAIN?!?!

I. am. so. jealous.
This much envy is bad for the soul.

I can't wait to hear about the NY trip. Have fun at John C. & take lots of pictures!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Terri said...

OMG!!! You got a drum carder? You really are hooked! What beautiful fiber too. Looking forward to hearing about your next visit to the Campbell Folk School.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home