K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Loving the Socks


Hey y'all! Remember I mentioned I got Cat Bordhi's (www.catbordhi.com) newest book, New Pathways for Sock Knitters? Well, very interesting constructions going on in that book. I showed you photos of the two learning baby socks. Now I'm into a full sized pair for myself using the Simple Master Coriolis pattern and I just LOVE it. Here's the first sock so far, done with all of the major construction and ready to knit up the leg.



I decided on a self striping yarn so the coriolis "jog" would be visible and I like it. Using Cat's directions and master numbers, this sock fits perfectly through the foot. I'm going to try the leg in stockinette so the yarn's pattern is more evident, but I really like the fit of a ribbed leg better, so I may change my mind. This is the first toe-up sock I've knitted where I actually like the toe, and the increases didn't make me cringe. Some people hate Kitchner (not me), and I normally hate increasing on a sock toe just about as much. But I tried Cat's method (La-rink and La-link) and actually enjoyed it.

It's going to be a while before it's finished, though. It's 9.5" stitches to the inch, and I have some ribwarmer models to get done, among other things!

But while you're here, I want to mention that Aimee is fundraising for the Alliance for Lupus Research. Visit her blog to find out more and see some of the great prizes she's offering in return for your support: www.fairieknits.blogspot.com

Personally, I'm hoping I get that set of Wendy's patterns! Between those and the Cat Bordhi book, I could make a big dent in my sock yarn stash!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:34 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Cool sock. I love the colors. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home