K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Good, The Bad, and the Unfinished

First, equal time for two more of the felines who share their home with me. Their take: just because I know approximately when BC was born doesn't mean she should get more photo ops than they do. All my girls were strays, and they don't think being a kitten makes BC any better than they are. Missing is Summer, aka "The Grouch" because she really prefers not to associate with any of these three! Cali (obviously the calico and my geriatric lady at approximately 16), Baby Kitty, who until BC's apperance really WAS the baby around here; she's approximately 4 or maybe 5. And BC, the birthday kid.


Hello, who, or what, are you?? A UFO you say? You've been stashed in a drawer with others like yourself for how long? In this condition? Good grief, you're right. At this stage of the game why didn't she just go ahead and finish you? But you're hopeful, now that you're out of the drawer, right?




















Now for the geese. As in flying geese, being prepared for a quilted wall hanging in my guest quarters. There are good geese:















These are not-so-good geese. See the tip of the point, and how the right white triangle doesn't quite line up with the left one? And how it just might not give me a 1/4" seam allowance? I can use not-so-good geese if I want to, but I don't - too much trouble. I've finally figured out how to keep the not-so-good geese from happening.


I'm using a method from a book called Taking Off With Flying Geese by Carolyn R. Johnson, published in 1990. There are other good methods for making these things. But this is the one I like. If I will only be careful!

1 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Did you make the quilt on the bed? I love the colors in it! Also the two cats on the quilt are really cute. And i'm not sure what a flying geese quilt looks like, but i'm sure it will turn out very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home