K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Progress


Bardot is blocking. Once assembled, there's a very deep ribbed cowl type collar, so I'm not done by a long shot. But I'm making progress.




An FO!! The multidirectional scarf is done. Approximately 4" x 56", knit with Alchemy's Synchronicity (50% wool, 50% silk) at a gauge of 4.3 stitches per inch in diagonal garter stitch. I used 2 skeins, and had about half a triangle's worth of yarn left over. This was more fun and interesting to knit than a plain garter stitch scarf. More on multidirectional modular knitting at www.artyarns.com, and the Yahoo Group, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/multidirectional/.



A second FO in the same day - I amaze myself. Of course, never mind how long this number has been in the UFO pile! I was a bit more um... svelte of the upper arms when I strated this thing, if that says anything. Still, for a casual summer garment I'm pleased with how it turned out. The yarn is Sirdar "Silky Look" - acrylic and nylon. It has a nice drape and feels good. I'm glad I didn't opt to make the matching cardigan, though.

After darning in the gazillion ends, I think I'll do something fun for the rest of the evening. Start a new book maybe?

PS - Kari asked if I made the quilt where the cats are hanging out. No, that gorgeous item was made by David. I'm so lucky he has great color sense, and that he makes beautiful quilts!

2 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Sandra, You are just a busy little bee. Makes me want to get busy. Beautiful work. Also, please tell David his quilt is gorgeous.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Kari said...

All very nice. I love the multdirectional scarf...the pattern and the colors just make it look fun to make. And the sweater looks very nice. The colors look good together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home