K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Koigu Sock

A finished piece of knitting - but can I really count it, since it's only one? As soon as I'm done here, I will immediately cast on the second Koigu sock in order to avoid the dreaded second sock syndrome. I LOVE Koigu for socks! I confirmed with this sock that my standard gauge has changed, and I now need 64 stitches for my standard, plain ole, favorite sock, rather than 60. These are knitted at 8.5 stitches per inch on Crystal Palace bamboo double points #1.5 (2.5 mm). My favorite needles. I also confirmed that I can get a pair of socks for myself with two skeins of Koigu, but you see how much I have left from one skein. This won't do for David, or any of my friends who have larger feet than me. Unless they want a shorter cuff. I like mine 7.5" and ribbed through the cuff and down the top of the foot.

I also have this lovely Petal Lace sock from Lisa Souza ready to zoom down the foot. These are going to be a bit snug on me, but I will decide how I'd change the pattern once I'm done. The cuff is knitted on 56 stitches, with the foot increasing to 60. I love her yarn - it's a light and soft merino. There's more waiting for me when I'm done (Koigu is small skeins on the right - Lisa Souza is large skeins on the left).

I have a new blocking tool! Given that the body of "Bardot" took about 5 days to dry out in my basement, I am very pleased with the new addition. With the fan ($14 at my new, local Super Wal-Mart), the sleeves dried in less than 2. I'd love to start sewing today - but I'll have to see how my left hand is working. It's still not 100% after my tiny little out-of-boat experience while kayaking almost 2 weeks ago.

Off to cast on that second Koigu!

1 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Kari said...

The sock is very nice.

Also I love the other sock yarn that you have lined up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home