K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Roses and Geese

Despite some pesky pests that I'm trouble-shooting, the roses have arrived and they're beautiful. I mentioned last year to David that I would like "a rose bush" since he said he knew how to take care of them. He planted 21 for me, and built the raised beds for them too!




Several varieties, but the big red one here is one of David's favorites, Mr. Lincoln.







I finished the flying geese units for my wall hanging! I started with these:















And now I have these:


And my back hurts, so no more work on the wall hanging today. Back to knitting, where I'm tinking a bit on a sock. More knitting progress reports later, but nothing really new right now.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Terri said...

Hi Sandra, What beautiful roses. How nice of David to build raised beds for all those roses.

Talk to you when I get back from Nantucket.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Kari said...

The roses are beautiful! The flying geese wall hanging looks to be making very good progress. And i hope your back feels better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home