K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Projects du Jour



Yesterday's projects du jour had nothing to do with knitting, so it must be the "other k." There are my new sun protectors, copied shamelessly from my older pair. I decided I need spares in case I misplace them during hectic shuttles and gear transfers. They protect my hands from the sun while I'm paddling, but the palms are open so I can still feel the shaft of my paddle. They're a nylon coated neoprene. I tried several needles before getting one that would work without causing skipped stitches - I used a #90 stretch.

And this lovely fashion statement is my new summer changing robe/towel. Wal-Mart special super sized beach towel, folded in half with a hole cut for the neck. Now I can dry off and remain discreetly covered when I'm forced to change clothes in public by the side of the river. My winter fleece one is just too hot for this time of year.

And now, I've packed my socks and we're off to the Ocoee for a couple of days, then to meet up with friends for further paddling adventures on Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home