K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Socks!

As in plural, a pair. The "Harlot" Koigu socks are finished. I love them.












The Lisa Souza Petal Lace - one sock done. As expected, it's a bit snug. I got 9.5 stitches and 12.5 rows per inch on these with my trusty #1.5 Crystal Palace bamboo double points. I like this density. I love this yarn - it's Sock! Merino. So I'm going to knit the second sock, then do the pattern again with some slight modifications.












By the way, check out how much yarn I still have left after one sock. There is some serious yardage on these skeins (560 yards)!

We're off in the morning for 3 days at the Ocoee. I'll have the knitting bag and another sock in process.



BC suggested I sign off with a picture of her - she's such a ham!

2 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Very nice socks! I especially like the yellow sock...such a nice shade of yellow. :-)
And cute picture of your cat. And she is a ham, lol.

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your socks, especially the Petal Lace ones are so very gorgeous! That pattern is awesome, and so is the yarn you're using - and gosh, there certainly is some huge yardage on one skein - a great difference to the "normal" yardage where one has to worry constantly if it'll be enough for a pair of socks!
What a cute kitty you have - I love her eyes, what a beauty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home