K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Cali is Home

I was able to bring Cali home this afternoon. Along with some liquid antibiotic and some little pills. She drank from the water bowl for the first time in a while, which is good news. Now she's trying to con me into giving her canned cat food. But she ate kibble at the vet, and now that I know she's perfectly capable of eating kibble, I'm going to try NOT to let her persuade me to give her the canned stuff again (she's very persuasive). She needs to gain some weight, though. So if she hasn't eaten kibble by tomorrow, it's off to the store to buy some small bags of other stuff to try. All the girls loved the Kitten Chow that I used when BC was a baby, so perhaps some of that will tempt Cali.

I'm hoping to take my kayak out for some roll practice tomorrow morning. David is away for the weekend, and I really just want to mess around with some different ideas right now, so I don't need him there. In spite of the severe thunderstorms that passed through earlier, I don't expect the water at Leatherwood Ford (on the Big South Fork of the Cumberland River) to be more than a pool, so if I should need to come out of my boat, it will be easy to swim to shore or shallow water.

I finished Karol's first sock, but I'm going to save the photo for a PAIR! Right now I have 3 socks completed, all needing mates. Soooo, back to the socks!

3 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Yup, my kitty is very persuasive as well! Or is it that I have somehow aquired a tattoo on my forehead in "cat" that says "sucker"?

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Glad to hear that Cali is back. I hope she is able to recover quickly.

And the previous post, the picture of Cali in the dryer...love the picture! And then you had a picture of Summer "aka the Grouch." LOL Also a very cute cat.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Terri said...

I'm happy to hear Cali is back home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home