K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Blast from the Past

I decided to finish the year with an F.O., so here it is:



Deborah is the only person who would remember this, because it dates from our days of sharing knitting and a LYS in Huntersville, NC. This vest has been languishing, waiting for it's I-cord.

I like the yarn - it's Noro and I think it's Kureyon and not Silk Garden. The process was fun. But the shape (or lack thereof) just doesn't work well for me. Perhaps I could have sized it better by making smaller squares. But I'm not inclined to try again.

Deborah gave me some beautiful buttons to use for this, but now that it's done, I feel the buttons are too "elegant" for such a casual, colorful garment. And I'm only going to apply one, even though the I-cord has 3 buttonholes in it. So that would be a waste of Deborah's beautiful buttons. I'll have to make something else for those buttons.

But at least that's an FO done and out of the stash! I also cut and ripped, re-wound, washed, and tossed some yarn with regard to a previously made vest (the Artisan Vest from Green Mountain Mohair). It just didn't fit right, and I couldn't figure out how to make it work without looking like a do-over hatchet job. So I just decided to bag it. I salvaged some of the yarn and I'll make an Aran style hat with it.

New Year's Eve finds me knitting - Socks for Soldiers. I'll be asleep when 2007 arrives. And tomorrow I might spend some time on a river. I will definitely spend some time packing, as we're leaving on Tuesday to visit David's family in Oklahoma. Gillian, the oldest granddaughter, will be six years old on Jan 4!

Happy new year to all. Please add your hopes or prayers to mine that it will bring peace.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Kari said...

I love all of the colors in the vest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home