K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas, 2006


Christmas Eve at our house; BC and Terry are helping me knit Socks for Soldiers.


Looks like Santa brought Werner Player paddles for David and me. They are, of course, the correct color!

Christmas Day here on the Cumberland Plateau is cloudy, rainy, a bit cool. So I'll take you instead back to Costa Rica.




Sunset from my cabana motel near the Arenal Volcano.










There's a volcano in these clouds, honest. But this is what it looked like MOST of the time.


But I got lucky and saw this view, too. And that's not all clouds at the top - some of that is being vented from the volcano. If I used my binoculars, I could see the fiery rocks bouncing down the slope. And one could hear it, too. Very impressive.




I hope everyone is enjoying your holiday in the way that most suits you. I wish you a happy holiday and a peaceful new year!

5 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Carol said...

Beautiful Vacay pics! My kitties love to "help" me knit too. Although I don't think their definition of help is the same as mine.....

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, you can knit with your cats sitting on your lap?!?!? My cats would never let me do that while i'm holding them. They won't leave the yarn alone...

Wow, that sunset is stunning!

 
At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just lovely. I wish I were somewhere that warm! I suppose I'd better get back to my new scarf before it starts snowing here today!

Your kitties are really patient. Mine will leave the yarn alone (with a few reminders), but he wants to be petted all the time. Attention slut cats are nicer than some other kinda, but it's probably not good for one's keyboard to have a cat walking on it, trying to get under one's hands.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Saw a comment you left on the Simply Socks blog, and thought I would stop by and say hello :o)

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Terri said...

Don't you look comfy knitting with the kitties in the lounge chair.

Cool pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home