K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Tradition

I'm starting a new tradition. I'm going to begin a pair of socks for myself on the first day of the year. That's easy. The second part is that I must finish the pair before the year is over. Now let's see if I can pull that off! Here's 2007's entry, the first annual Sandra's New Year's socks:



Yes, yes, I KNOW they're a shameless knock-off of Stephanie's socks (see her Dec 2, 2006 entry). Hers were just so appealing that I had to make a pair for myself. I graphed my own design, though. It's similar to hers, but I didn't actually copy it. The black yarn is Knit Picks Essential, and the pastel is Fleece Artist Merino in the Easter Egg colorway.

I'm kinda liking this black with variegated thing. I think I may try this again! But first I'll finish these.

Here are all of my girls, sleeping it off. They must have had a secret kitty new year's party after we went to bed last night.





See y'all when I return from the family visit to Oklahoma.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger ChiaLea said...

Hot damn have I got to find some Fleece Artist sock yarn. I looked while I was in PEI but they had squat besides thrummed sock kits. (My MIL got me one of those, which will make a great pair of slippers, but it's not exactly the same.)

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Kari said...

Those socks are going to be really nice when you are done.
Cute picture of your cats!
Enjoy your trip to Oklahoma.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home