K-or-K

A place for me to share photos, trips and projects with my friends, mostly about knitting,kayaking, and quilting.

Monday, January 15, 2007

The Oklahoma Road

Lookee here, I finished some things on our trip! (I've been back about a week, but had some technical difficulties last week, plus catching up and getting reorganized.)













First up, a completed Sandra's first annual New Year's sock. Just one, though. Second, a looooong black Sock for Soldiers (leg machine knitted by Barb). Just one, though. Progress on Scott's sock - just one, though. Hmmm, I haven't knitted on socks for a week - second sock syndrome setting in? Well, I just needed a break.














I also finished this diagonal scarf, knitted with Plymouth's Boku. It's a lot like Noro Silk Garden, but more evenly spun. I love how this turned out. I just donated it to the Red Scarf project.
During my sock break, I took the first of two lace knitting lessons with Jane Sunderman at my LYS, The Yarn Patch. Jane makes beautiful lace shawls and is a fun and patient teacher. My lesson project, a lace scarf from Fiber Trends Lacy Accents.














And since David's mom doesn't know about my blog, I can show you her birthday present, which I took to the quilter today. Her birthday is in Feb. and I saw this kit at Oklahoma Quiltworks. Had to do it!

Tomorrow, the granddaughters!
(PS - if some of these links don't work, I apologize. Ever since I downloaded a Windows update, some strange things have been happening that I don't understand. Two of these links checked out just fine, but the Red Scarf and Socks for Soldiers just wouldn't let me go there from the link.)


2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Carol said...

Glad to see you back! I really like the scarf. The diagonal is really attractive.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Kari said...

The socks are all very nice. I really like the fair isle sock you did. The BBS looks like a giant next to the normal sized sock, lol.

Love the scarf! (My favorite colors are purple, pink, green and blue:-)

Beautiful quilt, I am sure your mom will love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home